1. There shall be a Majlish-e-Shura in order to determine principles and to take important decisions. The name of this Majlish will be ‘the Central Majlish-e-Shura’ or ‘Majlish-e-Shura, Bangladesh Jamaat-e-Islami’.
2. The duration of the Central Majlish-e-Shura will be for three years.
3. The outgoing Central Working Committee/ Executive Committee shall, before every election, determine the ratio of representation of Members (Rukons) in the next Majlish-e-Shura.
4. The Central Majlish-e-Shura shall be formed in the following manner:
a) The member of the Majlish-e-Shura shall be elected in accordance with the ratio of representation of Members (Rukons) as determined by the outgoing outgoing Central Working Committee/Executive Committee but no organizational district shall be deprived of representation.
b) There shall be representation in the Central Unit in accordance with the ratio of representation of Members (Rukons) as determined by the outgoing Central Working Committee/Executive Committee.
c) The members elected in accordance with clauses (a) and (b) of sub-section 4 shall at the second stage elect thirty members of the Majlish from amongst all the members (Rukons) of the whole country.
d) The members of the Central Working Committee, being not the member of the Majlish-e-Shura, shall ex-officio become members of the Majlish-e-Shura.
e) All members of the Central Female’s Majlish shall be members of the Central Majlish-e-Shura.
5. a) The Ameer-e-Jamaat shall be the ex-officio Chairman of the Central Majlish-e-Shura.
b) The Secretary General (if he is not the member of the Majlish-e-Shura) shall ex-officio be the member of the Central Majlish-e-Shura.
6. If any post of the Central Majlish-e-Shura falls vacant, then the same will be filled up within three months from the date of such vacation.
7. A) The Ameer-e-Jamaat shall, within one month of the completion of the election of the Central Majlish-e-Shura, call in the session of the Majlish-e-Shura and every member of the Majlish-e-Shura shall take oath before the Ameer-e-Jamaat in this session.
B) If the aforesaid session of the Majlish-e-Shura cannot be held on right time, the members of the Majlish-e-Shura can take their oath by the Ameer-e-Jamaat or any of his representatives altogether or separately.