Saturday, 15th August, 2020
Choose Language:

Latest
Tribunal
Application of defence not accepted by Tribunal-2: We had been deprived of the Justice allowing new witness against Abdul Kader Mullah --- Barrister Abdur Razzaq
Tuesday, 14 August 2012
Barrister Abdur Razzaq said, “It is misuse of International Crimes Tribunal Act allowing new witness to be included against the Assistant Secretary General, Abdul Kader Mullah arrested for so called crimes against humanity”. Tribunal-2 allowed three names to be included as witness against Abdul Kader Mullah.
Abdur Razzaq said before the journalists in the brief, “We tried to draw attention of the Tribunal that the Tribunal did not give the order of allowing the new name of witness as per proper Act and Rule”. He also said , “We want to say with due respect to tribunal that we had been deprived of justice by this order”.

Barrister Razzaq said, “Prosecution submitted the list of 40 witnesses before the Tribunal. The rule is that  when the deposition of such 40 witnesses will be completed then additional witness list can be allowed. But after taking deposition of 6 witnesses, another list of three witnesses allowing order is violative to the Rule of the International Crimes Act. We had been deprived of Justice by this order. We did not get time applying for cross-examination for three weeks. Tribunal did not give a single day to us. After allowing these witnesses, after one day (Today) such witness had been produced before the Tribunal Wednesday”.

In the reply of the accusation of the Prosecution showing fearness to witness by the defence, Barrister Razzaq said, “The Government is of Awami League. All accused are of opposition party. So the matter of obstacle is nothing but falsification. It is false speech of the Prosecution and they cannot oblige anybody to give deposition by coming before the Tribunal and they did say it to hide their such failure”.